ann waiguru marks 50th birthday with 5 life lessons
byApril 16, 2021
Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru has officially hit the 5th floor.
Taking to her Instagram account, the Member of Parliament dedicated a sweet message to herself as she turned 50-years-old.
She wrote; Today I turn 50! I am most grateful to God for I have seen His goodness in the land of the living! I have seen Him in my joys and successes. And through my seasons of fires and in the darkest nights, He has been closer like no other.
While marking her 50th birthday, Waiguru decided to share five life lessons that she has learnt as a mother, wife and politician.
I am blessed to have wonderful family and friends, and to be in good health. What a blessing to turn 50 today.
As I celebrate my 50th birthday today I thought I’d share 5 lessons I’ve learnt in life;
1. Have an Anchor! Mine is God. Life will throw you twists and turns and in those moments of turbulence the anchor holds!
2. Build a strong support system! Family and friends who stay true and remind you of what life is truly about are invaluable. They will keep you grounded.
3. Live, laugh and love! Try new things often. Some of my most enjoyable moments have been driving across this country, stopping at Nyama joints, chats with ordinary Kenyans...all this in great company! My husband & I have driven to 37 counties.. we are hoping to cover the remaining 10 soonest.
4. Think generational impact. Make your foot print extremely clear where you are for two reasons; One for legacy and two, so that those who come after you never have to guess where to step.
5. A special one for the women and young girls out there; we have lesser excuses and greater opportunities than those before us to make our voices heard! Let’s make them and future generations proud!
Ann Waiguru has had a turbulent political career punctuated by controversy and allegations that would have made any faint-hearted person quit their job.
But for Kirinyaga Governor, with all the ups and downs she has been through, has only made her a stronger person, at least this is according to her post.